Thursday, August 9, 2012

Further Discussion.

One concept I feel could use a bit more discussion and exploration would have to be the idea of upward communication, and what it is that a subordinate truly wants or needs from a leader. I personally would like to delve further into this idea because I help run a small record label, and tend to have a really hard time making my employees feel comfortable. I've tried the whole "buddy-buddy" approach and the "machine-like boss" approach -none of which seem to work. Perhaps the answer is rather something in the middle. Certainly this notion is justified by the lessons we've learned in class.

After going through that chapter in the text, I feel I've gained a bit of insight into what these workers may actually want, but I certainly would like to discuss it more. Perhaps an organizational communications course would be a good option for me to take in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment