Thursday, July 12, 2012
Patterns.
Certainly, each of these patterns could become more difficult to change, depending on the person. Generally speaking, however, I believe the most difficult pattern to change would be competitive symmetry. Additionally, I also believe this pattern can also be the most damaging to the individuals in a relationship and self-esteem -considering the concept is built of self-value and competition. In each of these situations, there are occasions when competition must be put to rest, and unless there is absolute symmetry in a relationship (in all circumstances, at all times), chances are that one partner might desire to "let-down", when the other is still responding to pressure. In this case, it seems there is a great deal of potential for not only relational harm, but also damage to one's self-esteem. Unless both parties are willing to adjust to the other (which seems the antonym of competition, I absolutely believe the competitive pattern would be the most difficult to break from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment