Friday, July 13, 2012
Filters.
I find that filters often times can help in avoiding unpleasant engagements -at least I felt that way back in High School.. For instance, I can think of a particular time when I spotted an unknown individual picking his nose when he thought no one was looking...albeit this was a rather trite gesture, this was enough for me to realize that he was NOT the dude I wanted to befriend in my 11th grade Chemistry class. The crass gesture communicated a lack of self-awareness and therefore cued a distaste in my perception...all pre-interaction. However, there are certain instances when an individual was perceived one way, pre-interaction, but was realized completely differently after interacting with them. This was the case with my current sporty girlfriend, who was once perceived as a "tough girl" based on certain signals she put off (pre-interaction). After getting to know her, however, I found that she was a much softer person (post-interaction).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment