Sunday, June 17, 2012

Influential Speaker

I go to church quite often, and have become quite accustomed to powerful sermons and speeches. Some might say I've become almost too comfortable with moving speeches...almost to the point where I've become a little jaded towards motivational speakers. However, I can recall one particular speech in recent history that has impacted me greatly. In 2009, one of my professors gave a speech about maximizing your potential as a student, and contributor to society. It was stirring, and encouraged me to rise to action -expressing a frightening, yet encouraging concept: no will ever hold you down more than you stunt yourself. I remember feeling so inspired...I wanted to take on the world. That year, I opened up a small record label, to navigate the music industry and work with musicians. The message that was shared by that speaker was ultimately successful -stirring me to a point of making a desired action.

No comments:

Post a Comment