Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chapter 10 "Extemporaneous Speaking Style"

One aspect brought out of the reading that stood out to me was one of the points discussed in the summary. The "Extemporaneous Speaking Style" is a technique I've utilized quite often in public speaking. I've found that outlining my speeches and addresses help me to better gauge the audience on the day of the presentation. This allows me to deliver it in such a way as to cater to the audience, rather than boring them with a recital. As far as persuasion is concerned, I've also found that this method is quite effective -allowing the speaker to prepare various points, while allowing for open discussion.

Considering this facet of our Chapter 10 discussion, I thought it appropriate to draw attention to its various advantages. Personally, I've found that this method allows for a high degree of perceived authenticity, which some might argue is the greatest asset in communicating for purpose or persuasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment